“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
There is no such thing as cheap SEO.
Yes, you heard it right. So, stop searching for cheap SEO Services online. It will take you to those SEO service providers who claim to be experts but have minimal knowledge of SEO. As a business owner or an entrepreneur, you will get many attractive or rather say cheap offers via emails which claim to make your website number one on Google for just a few dollars. Though they seem to be attractive, putting your website in the hands of a layman will be disastrous in the long run.
Investment not Expenditure: First thing first, let us start with an understanding that SEO is an investment not an unnecessary expenditure for your business. SEO is one of the most powerful and successful online marketing tools, and it has proven its worth. And good things don’t come cheap. Hiring an SEO Agency is like hiring any other service provider. Will you be willing to risk your health by opting for a cheap doctor? Similarly, a cheap SEO agency who opts for wrong methods to increase your ranking will affect the health of your website and overall brand reputation. Offering such low prices only means either they are using some wrongful techniques, or they are just not good at it.
Decoding Google: Google is undoubtfully the king when it comes to search engines. None but Google and its employees truly understand it’s algorithm. Google and all other search engines regularly publish the guidelines for the search engine which only an expert SEO agency can understand. And all these guidelines are subjected to change any time. It takes both time and effort to thoroughly understand and decode these guidelines. Implementing them is even tougher, and it applies to all the SEO service providers. There is no other or correct way of doing it.
Why cheap is the bad decision?
- Google Penalty: Google is the king, and nobody wants to get on the wrong side of it. Though few of the self-proclaimed Best and Cheap SEO providers can get you good results initially with their shady methodology, it can harm in long run. It can have disastrous implications, in worst case scenario your website or the URL you wanted to promote can be deindexed. Getting Deindexed means that Google will completely block the site. If Google finds any wrongful methods of pushing the website or the link to higher ranking spot it will penalize that.
- Inferior quality content or poor grammar: Though these agencies offer you the unique and good content as a part of the packaged deal yet, these are of poor quality, crammed with keywords which make grammatically no sense. Most of these contents are Spun Content, which means that they copy the content online, run it through a computer programme to look original. OR else they will hire content writers which are cheap just like them. Your website is the place where your customer often forms an opinion about your brand. If your content is not engaging and has grammatical errors, it can put you in poor light in front of your customers.
- Low-Quality Link: Cheap SEO offers cheap solutions. They usually build low-quality spammy links with help of automated software. Search engines are massive companies and have the best of the systems in place to catch any malware practice. Your website will bear the repercussions of this.
- Harming brand image: To clean up the mess created by these low-cost SEOs involves lots of time and money. And impacts your website and its health badly. Website being the principal representative of your business online, any harm to it affects your online brand reputation.
- Ranking focussed: Proper SEO practices involves much more than building links and ranking. It concentrates on higher visibility, generating leads, retaining customers and building up your online brand. Cheap Sisare focussed only on higher ranking by any means which negatively impacts the primary goal of higher ROI.
- Hiding strategies: Optimizing is not manipulating, which is what cheapskate SEO does. They will never disclose the methods or process they will use. However, any good SEO practitioner will be more than willing to share the details with you and provide you with monthly reports, analytics etc. which makes the whole process transparent.
- Poor or no research: Any agency offering you the solution in 72 hours at $50 simply means its too good to be true. They will surely be putting in no effort to understand your business, the kind of services or products you offer.
What do Good SEO solutions need?
- Time for research to develop the best and robust solution.
- Patience to achieve the best results.
- Money based on your requirements and desired results.
- Co-operation from you and your team as it involves lots of improvement on your website and your overall digital marketing process.
There is no doubt that SEO is the best form of online marketing tool available if it’s done correctly and by following Google guidelines religiously. There are no shortcuts to do it. It’s easy to get attracted towards these lucrative offers. Just ensure the following factors, and you will be at a better place before finally deciding: –
- Educate yourself about SEO, its methodologies, and practices.
- Analyse more than one SEO agencies.
- Understand SEO is an investment so be ready to invest time and money like any other marketing investment.
- Prepare a list of questions and get all your queries cleared from your prospecting agencies.
- If you think you can’t afford any good SEO services, rather than going for cheap offers go for Google AdWords or Social Media advertising.
To know more, have a look at the below LinkedIn Article: