Twitter Key Points:
- Word limits: Because of the word limits we need to have a Strong and attention-grabbing text, which will force someone scrolling to stop and read. For example: quotes, statistics and questions work best. Photos, gifs and short videos also works better.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags work best on Twitter, as most of the people search topics on twitter using hashtags. Using related trending topic will gain you more visibility.
- Follow the Right one: Don’t follow the same people that you follow on other social media, follow the people which are more related to your business and similar field. The people whom you might not be able to contact otherwise.
- Trend: Best medium to share blogs and reviews as Twitteratis are different from Facebook, they love to read and are more likely to even give their opinion about the same.
Why should one use Twitter?
47 % of people who follow the business on Twitter are more likely to visit website as well.
Using Twitter Search, you can find out what people are saying about a particular topic, enabling you to know about your company and the competition.
Twitter is a great networking tool. Being on Twitter will give you opportunities to interact with people you would never get the chance to talk to otherwise.
How it can be useful for businesses?
We can openly share and promote our business and the services that we offer without any inhibitions as twitter means business very few are here for leisure.
It is a heaven for marketers, it has one of the best analytics tools which provide you a good insight about your followers’ interests, locations, and demographics of your followers.
You can design your campaign and target your audience better with this insight.
However, you need to have certain number of audiences to get the complete audience analysis. I failed to find the exact number that is required.
I tried using analytics on bin eid ,virohaa and vcati but it still asked for more number of followers for better ananlysis.
How to take advantage of Twitter without paid ads?
- Tweeting content that’s so enticing and/or informative that it’s likely to be retweeted.
- Encourage engagements from the audience.
- Following others so they’ll follow you back.
- Tweeting content in a way that it actually gets seen, use of image, gifs or short videos.
- Tweeting content according to what’s trending in your industry and in general.
- Promote your page on other social media platforms explaining them the benefits of following you on twitter. Also, what kind of different content that they can explore their.
- Constantly invite people to follow you.
How frequently and what kind of post should we do on new and old Twitter accounts?
New Account: At least 4-5 times a week, depending on the audience and their location. If it’s worldwide then you need to schedule them according to the time they are more likely to see your tweet. You can post a mix of content, video, image, blogs etc. or maybe even a retweet.
Old Account: It is better to plan the frequency based on the analytics, which gives you an insight on what time most of your audiences engage with your tweet. At least 1 tweet a day. Even if you don’t have any content to share either retweet or engage with other tweets. Just be visible. As per Neil Patel,when your audience grows over 10,000 then only you should start posting 2 times a day.Consistency works better than frequency.